Are you outgoing, friendly, and… welcoming? The Just for Laughs Comedy Festival is seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals to work at our Welcome Desk for the 2023 Montreal festival and ComedyPRO Conference.
Duration : July 22nd & July 26th – July 29th, 2023
Location : Montreal, QC
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in mandatory training and materials preparation day on Saturday, July 22nd;
- Assist the Festival/Comedy PRO Conference team with all tasks as requested and act as a representative of the Festival;
- Welcome Industry and Express pass-holders to the conference – this includes registration check in, on-site pass purchases, updating documents as instructed, and more;
- Answer all Conference and Festival related questions;
- Ensure that the welcome area is clean and presentable at all times;
- Filter logistics and industry enquiries before they reach the industry coordinator and logistics coordinators;
- Represent the Festival and ComedyPRO Conference with professionalism and confidentiality.
As well as everything logically, implicitly and incidentally related thereto.
English is essential; basic comprehension of French is an asset. Bilingualism is a bonus.
The successful candidate must :
- Be outgoing and courteous;
- Have professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Have a good knowledge of JFL programming;
- Have a good knowledge of directionality, transit options, and points of interest in downtown Montreal;
- Have the ability to work long hours;
- Have a proactive nature which allows them to anticipate problems and implement strategic solutions;
- Have an overall love of comedy!
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
''This position is published in English in addition to the French version, because the selected candidate must deal with English-speaking customers’’