Do you thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment? Do you have an interest in the arts and entertainment industry? Then we’ve got the job for you! Just for Laughs is looking for a Ticket Inventory Control Specialist to join our Box Office team for the 2022 edition of our Festivals in Montreal and Toronto.
Reporting directly to the Director of Sales and Ticketing, the Ticket Inventory Control Specialist will assist in keeping accurate records of ticket inventory data.
The ideal candidate has excellent communication and problem-solving skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to work as part of a team.
Job duration: This is a temporary full-time position starting now until August 2022 (with the potential of extending for other projects).
Location: Montreal, QC
- Create and update spreadsheets;
- Generate various reports;
- Assist in the counts of various ticket inventories;
- Monitor and analyze ticket sales and inventory data and provide strategic recommendations to maximize revenue growth;
- Reconcile and resolve discrepancies in inventories ledgers;
- Report and investigate reconciliation imbalances;
- Keep documents up-to-date;
- Prepare and reconcile the cost of sales calculations as well as other specific inventory metrics;
- Assist the ticketing operations team in validating necessary reports to ensure accurate event audits and settlements;
- Abide by the company's procedures and practices;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
The list of tasks listed above is brief and indicative. This is not a complete and detailed list of the tasks likely to be performed by an employee occupying this position.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a high school diploma;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and able to learn various systems;
- Be knowledgeable in inventory accounting and able to follow up with various departments as needed;
- Must be detail oriented and motivated, possess accurate numerical aptitude, strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Have an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines and manage priorities;
- Have good time management skills and a great sense of organization;
- Be able to work independently;
- Be bilingual, French and English, both orally and in writing;
- Have the ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management;
- Exercise discretion and be able to keep company information and materials strictly confidential (both internally and externally).
- Be flexible to work additional hours during peak season including evenings and weekends;
- Having some experience in a ticketing service is an asset.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.