About Just For Laughs Group: A true jewel of our Quebec culture for more than 40 years, the Just For Laughs Group stands out for its cultural and commercial success, and for the strong global reach it provides in Quebec. With millions of fans coming together every day on the Gags and JFL Comedy platforms, or millions of festival-goers gathered around the globe at our prestigious events, the Just For Laughs Group is the world leader in humorous entertainment.
The Associate Producer assists the Just For Laughs television team in ensuring successful delivery of all English-language TV shows and audio projects. This includes various elements of pre-production, production, post-production, and beyond.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in TV production & post-production administration (transcription management, cataloguing of taped material, status tracking, etc.);
- As required, assist in creative decision-making & approvals processes for TV & audio productions (set design, graphic packaging, show cuts, audio mixes, etc.);
- Assist in the management of all tasks relating to JFL audio business (editing, programming, artwork, distribution, metadata, expense & revenue tracking, etc.)
- Oversee the preparation of logistics for TV writers, directors, and related parties as needed.
- Ensure up-to-date documents are maintained on the network server (transcriptions, metadata, rights grids, etc.);
- Prepare and process purchase orders, expense reports, photocopies, & related errands;
- All other administrative duties as required to support TV and Audio Producers in their tasks.
- Undergraduate degree in Arts or a related field
- Additional educational training in TV production/Communications an asset
- 2+ years experience in a related position, or a combination of education & experience
- Knowledge of editing programs & systems an asset (Avid, ProTools, Premiere, etc.)
- Excellent sense of organization and time management;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills; basic understanding of French; Advanced bilingualism a strong asset.
- Ability to keep calm and work well under pressure.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and excel in a project-oriented environment
- Tact and diplomacy when communicating with entertainment industry professionals (artists, agents, managers, etc.)
- Team player (ability to work closely with a small team to deliver successful results)