The Just for Laughs Group has been the driving force behind the largest comedy festivals in the world for over 40 years. Its various products are well known to audiences in Canada and abroad (the Just for Laughs Galas, Just for Laughs Gags, Just for Laughs Festivals, etc.) The Group remains the world leader in the distribution of comedy television series and the producer of some the most prestigious comedy festivals around the globe; discovering the stars of tomorrow!
The team at Just for Laughs is currently looking for a Volunteer Coordinator to join us for the 2023 Montreal Festival! The Volunteer Coordinator will work with the broader Operations team to develop an efficient and organized protocol for recruiting, training, and scheduling all volunteers. The individual chosen for this position will be an outgoing team player capable of motivating others and solving problems in time-sensitive situations.
Duration: This is a temporary position starting in May through until August 2023.
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all volunteer needs for the JFL Montreal Festival;
- Develop and implement strategies for recruiting new volunteers, and for encouraging the continued commitment of our existing volunteers;
- Manage a team of volunteers including training, execution, and reporting;
- Assign volunteer duties and responsibilities according to the needs of the Festival and individual interests/abilities;
- Ensure volunteers are fulfilling their assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure volunteers are enjoying their festival experience;
- Manage any volunteer issues as they arise;
- Respond to inquiries and requests regarding volunteer needs from various Festival departments (including Logistics, Marketing, Programming, and Production);
- At the end of the contract, generate a post-mortem document detailing issues that arose and suggestions for future improvement;
As well as everything logically, implicitly, and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior experience in festival/event management and/or the performing arts is considered an asset;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and administrative skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Computer literacy (including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word);
- Excellent English verbal and written communication;
- Problem solving skills, and the ability to execute last minute details;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization in order to complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to work from the Just for Laughs offices at least 2-days per week, increasing during peak workload times from May onwards.
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
To apply, please click below and submit a Cover Letter and CV. Candidates selected for an interview will be contact via email.