Founded in 1983, the Just for Laughs Group is an international comedy powerhouse in the creation of multi-platform comedy content – festivals, live touring and digital content.
Are you a strong, charismatic sales person looking to work in the entertainment business? Just for Laughs is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to lead our corporate and private event sales division. We are looking for someone who has strong communication, sales and negotiating skills, is creative and who has experience working in special event management / operations.
The Sales Director, Private and Corporate Events and Initiatives, will work closely with the VP of Operations & Business Affairs to develop its corporate sales division.
- Develop a corporate sales strategy for corporate and private events and creative and engaging initiatives
- Implement and sell corporate strategy developed
- Solicit corporate & charity events/organizations to produce events on their behalf
- Create and sell unique branded programming events for corporations, theatres, live performance events, festivals, etc. in consultation with VP of Operations & Business Affairs
- Design and create brochures and marketing tools required for sales pitches
- Create proposals as required
- Prepare budgets and timelines for the events
- Project manage events/shows and liaise with touring and events operation and production teams to execute events
- Prepare contracts for events – clients, venues, talent, etc.
- Participate in weekly meetings
- Provide supervisor with weekly status reports on projects and client outreach
- Travel may be required and subject to approval by Supervisor
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of sales
- Business degree, an asset
- Knowledge of event planning business, an asset
- Extensive knowledge managing vendors and partnering with internal business cohorts in supporting operative events
- Strong attention-to-detail, self-directed initiative, resourcefulness, and drive for innovation
- Exceptional time, resource management, and organizational skills
- Strong customer-orientation and proven reputation of collaborative work relationships
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
We are open to applicants from both Toronto and Montreal.