The Just for Laughs Group has been the driving force behind the largest comedy festivals in the world for over 40 years. Its various products are well known to audiences in Canada and abroad (the Just for Laughs Galas, Just for Laughs Gags, Just for Laughs Festivals, etc.). The Group remains the world leader in the distribution of comedy television series and the producer of some the most prestigious comedy festivals around the globe; discovering the stars of tomorrow!
The team at Just for Laughs is currently looking for an Associate Producer – ComedyPRO for the 2023 Just for Laughs Montréal Festival. As Associate Producer, you will work closely with the ComedyPRO team to ensure the smooth execution of all ComedyPRO programming. The successful applicant will have previous arts and/or conference producing experience, a strong knowledge of the comedy industry, strong organisational and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours during the immediate lead up to and during the Festival.
Duration: This is a temporary position, starting in March through until August 2023
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Contribute in weekly ComedyPRO calls by providing ideas for programming and panelists;
- Work closely with programmers preparing offers and acceptance letters, etc.;
- Liaise with the logistics & programming team to ensure the proper booking of artists, including scheduling, artists assets, and any travel & accommodation; Responsible for the accuracy of all database information management for ComedyPRO;
- Outreach to associations, media, industry and community groups to promote industry/ComedyPRO events, and ensure that social media deliverables and assets are being fulfilled, distributed and tracked;
- Contribute to the oversite, maintenance and updating of schedules and programming. including show rundowns, pacing documents and information flow to social media, App and the ComedyPRO website;
- Ability to create engaging copy for newsletters, program guides, press releases, website, etc;
- Create and Distribute of Welcome Letters to all PRO artists;
- On-site management of festival programming including greeting and managing needs of talent, industry panelists, and sponsors in addition to supporting C3 and festival producers through pre-pro, rehearsal and day of programming;
- Write and submit a post-mortem to the ComedyPRO producer post-festival
As well as everything logically, implicitly, and incidentally related thereto.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in live events and/or arts management or in a Festival context;
- Experience in conference producing and/or event operations;
- Experience hiring and managing a team;
- Experience tracking budgets, expenses and adhering to finance processes;
- Experience in creating pipelines for website and app information transfer and upkeep
- Bilingualism; English and French is an asset;
- Excellent organization skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Ability to work from the Just for Laughs offices at least 2-days per week, increasing during peak workload times from May onwards.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines;
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- An understanding of the Just For Laughs brand and history;
- A genuine love of comedy and a passion for growth and creativity!
To apply, please click below and submit a Cover Letter and CV. Candidates selected for an interview will be contact via email.