Founded in 1983, the Just for Laughs Group is an international comedy powerhouse in the creation of multi-platform comedy content – festivals, live touring, and digital content.
Are you an energetic and hardworking individual that has a passion for all things pop culture and comedy and are looking to work in the entertainment industry? Just for Laughs’ touring and international events division is looking for a Tours & Event coordinator to assist with its continued expansion.
As Tours & Events Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the administrative and organizational needs of the tours and events including but not be limited to:
- Artist relations – write offers, correspondence and contracts, handle immigration matters;
- Gather avails and assist with routing tours;
- Marketing liaison – gather and coordinates talent assets as well as coordinates event assets to talent;
- Sponsorship liaison – gather assets for clients, festivals and deck presentations as well as assist in managing sponsorship deliverables and client servicing, which includes liaising with the marketing team;
- Write corporate event proposals;
- Create various proposals, deck presentations, creative writing;
- Venue marketing liaison – coordinate tour/artists event assets with venues;
- Works closely and effectively with the VP of operations to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- 2-3 years in a similar role;
- Post-secondary education;
- Excellent communication skills: English is a must (oral and written) and French (an asset);
- Well organized, mature and is a strong writer;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of various social media platforms;
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work;
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Experience in tours and event coordination (an asset).