The Just for Laughs Group has been the driving force behind the largest comedy festivals in the world for over 40 years. Its various products are well known to audiences in Canada and abroad (the Just for Laughs Galas, Just for Laughs Gags, Just for Laughs Festivals, etc.) The Group remains the world leader in the distribution of comedy television series and the producer of some the most prestigious comedy festivals around the globe; discovering the stars of tomorrow!
The team at Just for Laughs is currently looking for Programming Assistants to join us for the 2023 Montreal Festival! As Programming Assistant, you will work closely with the programming team on all day-to-day administrative tasks and deadlines for our Montréal Festival in July. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be computer literate (Excel) and be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours in the immediate lead up to and during the Festival.
Duration: This is a temporary position, commencing in May until early August 2023
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Department scheduling; including creating, maintaining Festival schedules (Program schedule, Master Schedule, Pacings Report);
- Maintaining festival documents and grids related to the Programming team;
- Compiling artist information, including artist assets, contact details etc.;
- Maintaining festival database to ensure it is always up to date with the most current and accurate information (building artist profiles, show pages, guests and contacts);
- Work with the web and ticketing departments as required;
- Creating department POs and ensuring invoices are submitted as per the finance department’s needs;
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Ability to work from the Just for Laughs offices at least 2-days per week, increasing during peak workload times from May onwards.
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
To apply, please click below and submit a Cover Letter and CV. Candidates selected for an interview will be contact via email.