The Just for Laughs Group has been the driving force behind the largest comedy festivals in the world for over 40 years. Its various products are well known to audiences in Canada and abroad (the Just for Laughs Galas, Just for Laughs Gags, Just for Laughs Festivals, etc.) The Group remains the world leader in the distribution of comedy television series and the producer of some the most prestigious comedy festivals around the globe; discovering the stars of tomorrow!
The team at Just for Laughs is currently looking for an Operations Coordinator for the 2023 Montreal Festival! As the Operations Coordinator, you will work closely with the Operations team to ensure that all deadlines are met and that everything runs like clockwork. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be computer literate (Excel) and be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations. The applicant should be prepared to work long hours around festival time.
Duration: This is a temporary position, starting in May through until August 2023.
Location: Montreal, QC
Responsibilities include the following:
- Support the Operations team on all aspects of the Just for Laughs Festivals;
- Assist with day-to-day scheduling and admin, as required, including creating documents, travel authorizations, etc.;
- Oversee all day-to-day administrative processes related to contracts, payroll, IT, operations etc.;
- Maintain festival documents and grids, as required;
- Assist with the maintenance of the festival management software;
- Work with the Operations team on operational requirements for venues, including contracts, payments, security, emergency plans, etc
- As needed, work with the Logistics Manager to provide support and guidance on talent logistics and all relevant procedures and processes;
- Assist with Volunteer programs for the festival;
- Coordinate the accreditation requirements for the festival;
- All related administrative tasks needed by immediate supervisor, including but not limited to, answering calls, preparing emails, creating purchase orders, organizing the filing system, and completing expense reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in producing and/or event operations;
- Bilingual (English, French);
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy;
- Outstanding writing, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and proofreading skills;
- Ability to work with multiple team members across the organization and complete projects in a timely manner;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects open at one time;
- Excellent time management, organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a broader organizational team;
- Ability to work from the Just for Laughs offices at least 2-days per week, increasing during peak workload times from May onwards.
- Capacity to work long hours, as needed;
- Professionalism, maturity, and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word;
- Interest in comedy and the performing arts!
To apply, please click below and submit a Cover Letter and CV. Candidates selected for an interview will be contact via email.