About the Just for Laughs Group: Founded in 1983, the Just for Laughs Group focuses on the following three niches: Festivals (in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Sydney); Television programs including comedy specials (including Les Gags, a show that airs in 150 countries and on the screens of 100 airlines); and Touring shows in Canada; Jean-Marc Parent, André Sauvé, Laurent Paquin, Jérémy Demay, Maxim Martin, Didier Lambert and Virginie Fortin and internationally including Jerry Seinfeld, Jeremy Hotz, Amy Schumer, Danny Bhoy, and Family Guy Live! , to name a few. Celebrating its 37th edition in 2019, the Montreal Just For Laughs Festival is the world's largest and most prestigious comedy event, welcoming hundreds of thousands of spectators each summer. The Just for Laughs Group has over 100 employees spread between Montreal, Los Angeles, Toronto and Vancouver.
Just for Laughs, an evocative name that has evolved over the years. As we enter a new era of change, this rich and stimulating work environment is looking for a Marketing Manager for a contract until September 2022.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing, the Marketing Manager will ensure the planning and development of all marketing strategies and activities for the various brands under his responsibility. The Marketing Director will manage various stakeholders (internal and external) and will be responsible for acting as an expert and conductor in the deployment of multiple marketing and advertising campaigns.
The ideal candidate is constantly looking to innovate, create, challenge and seize new opportunities. They are an inspiring leader for their team, who knows how to mobilize the troops and help them grow in a fast-paced environment. Their humanity does not prevent them from being results-oriented.
- Establish the various marketing strategies for the shows to be marketed, based on the global objectives and strategies defined by the company
- Collaborate in the development of media plans, aiming for an optimal media mix, in line with the performance indicators and objectives defined beforehand
- Ensure compliance with the brand image (of the parent brand) in all marketing activities and tactics
- Develops marketing strategies and tactics based on tangible data on the path, habits and behavior of identified targets
- Ensure that the budget is respected.
- Oversee the entire marketing team to ensure they effectively manage the many projects underway as well as external partners and suppliers.
- Ensure that the team under his/her direction delivers advertising pieces to the media in a timely manner.
- Measure, on an ongoing basis, all campaign values for sponsorship purposes.
- Ensure that the creative team progresses according to the brief given.
- Analyze and adjust certain marketing actions based on daily and weekly sales results. Present the results of his analysis and make strategic recommendations
- Keep abreast of market and competitive trends and make recommendations based on these.
- Other related tasks.
- Highly organized, creative, autonomous and strategic thinker
- Good attitude, judgment and leadership skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- 5+ years experience in a similar position
- Experience in the entertainment industry, particularly in comedy (an asset)
- Good knowledge of the Montreal cultural scene (French and English)
- Knowledge of ticketing
- University degree in marketing or related studies
- Bilingualism (oral and written) in French and English
- Excellent knowledge of social media and digital marketing
- Good knowledge of analytics, marketing and business tools such as: Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Ads, CRM, etc.