The Just For Laughs Group has been the mastermind behind the world's largest comedy festival for 37 years. Its various products are well known to the public in Canada and internationally (Galas, the Gags series, the outdoor component of the Festival, Just For Laughs, etc.). The Group remains the world leader in the distribution of comedy television series with a presence in more than 135 countries and 95 airlines. The visibility of the Gags series has reached a record high on YouTube with over one billion views.
The Just For Laughs Group's executive team is currently looking for an executive assistant to begin working with us part-time, working towards a full-time position for the President.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including, but not limited to:
- managing an extremely active calendar of appointments;
- completing expense reports;
- composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
- arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external communications (phone, email or other) on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
- related administrative duties including running errands, creating purchase orders, organizing files, etc.
- 5 years in a similar role
- Post-secondary education
- Excellent communication skills (English and French, oral and written)
- Well organized, mature and is a strong writer with the ability to put together proposals, pitches and other pertinent documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Independent self-directed worker focused on completing all required tasks
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of various social media platforms
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Completes projects and special assignments as assigned by the President (may include creative problem solving, working with multiple company departments and extensive research ).
- Participates in conference calls and meetings, and preparing meeting minutes and follow-ups.
- Maintains and updates the President’s social media pages (Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).