Some stuff you should know about Barry!
• Barry is the author of “Never Shake Hands With a War Criminal,” a collection of essays for Seven Stories Press. He was a contributing essayist for the Boston Phoenix for over twenty years. He is currently working on a new collection of essays for Seven Stories.
• His work as an activist, journalist and performer has taken him everywhere from the American campaign trail to war zones in Central America to Camp Casey on the perimeter of the George W. Bush compound in Crawford, Texas to a memorable hearing before the United States Senate Judiciary Committee.
• Barry was a producer, reporter and senior writer for Air America Radio from 2003 through 2006.
• In 1991 he received the Peace Leadership Award from Mobilization for Survival and he was honored with the Courage of Conscience Award from the Peace Abbey and Wellesley College in 1994. He was most recently honored by Peer Solutions in Phoenix Arizona with the Guts To Be Good Award on March 16, 2016.
• Bobcat Goldthwait’s 2015, Sundance -selected, critically acclaimed and award winning documentary, “Call Me Lucky,” tells Barry’s life story.
RT @Vanyaland617: Bouncing around the #BostonComedyFestival https://t.co/8GzoH0X9fW